Friday, January 16, 2009

First Day in New York



Touched down at JFK Airport around 3pm. The weather was freezing cold although not as cold as Frankfurt. As what I would have expected, it took quite a long time before I finally got my luggage. I was darn worry that this might be another time that I would have my luggage delayed. Really lost of confidence with the domestic flights. After gotten the luggage for not too long, the 'Super Shuttle' arrived. It cost USD21 to get to Manhattan Midtown for about 1.5 hour as the shuttle would need to pick up passengers from different terminals and send the passengers to the doorstep of the hotels. I was rather shocked that the traffic in New York was very heavy. Probably got worsen due to the plane crash in Hudson River today.

Once got to the hotel, we quickly got change and got to the Broadway Theater at West 45th St to buy ticket for Billy Elliot at 8pm although not putting high hope that we could get any seats. But still, we were lucky. We managed to buy tickets for 2 seats with partial view, but it's really close to the stage. After the show started for a while, we realised that there were better seats and we took the seats as like what others did too. I am really impressed with the main actor, David Alvarez. He is so young, talented and charming. Despite the young age, he is already a professional performer. I am showing this video of him. There are 3 Billys in the video clip. David is the one with black curly hair.

No comments: